When you think of hiking, the first thing that crosses your mind is walking for a distance. You need to be mindful that you not only need to prepare food, drinks, camping gear and other emergency stuffs but you got to have really good shoes. You will not enjoy hiking if your shoes is not the right one that you need. You need to have a well fitted pair of shoes that is comfortable that matches the condition and terrain that you will be going otherwise you will curse that you decided to go on a hiking trip and you developed blisters.
Here are some things to consider before Purchasing a new Hiking Shoes
- Hiking place
- Weight of the other items you are going to brink
- If you need ankle support
- Weather or climate
Once you have pondered on those things, you will get a clearer picture of what you need. So here I am going to show you the different types of footwear that can be used for hiking.
Different kinds of footwear for hiking
- Approach shoes
- Close fit
- Perfect for climbing rocks and steep terrains.
- Snug fit because of its great lacing system.
- Ideal for people with narrow fit
- Best for terrain of 4th or 5th
- Hiking shoes
- All around shoes for all types of trail
- fGreat for day hikers
- Durable and gives better support than ordinary trail runners
- Perfect for nice smooth terrains and backpacking.
- Has waterproof linings
- Fast hiking shoes
- Trail Running Shoes
- Great for all kinds of terrain for back packers and experienced hikers
- Good for light loads
- Have midsole cushions for impact absorption
- For hiking fast.
- Backpacking with light load
- Hiking Boots
- Has great ankle support for overall stability
- Has support designed at the midsole
- Great torsion stability and added support for the shanks full length.
- Perfect for people with weak ankles
- More preferable for hikers with med to heavy carrying load
- Better for snowy or muddy terrain.