GOLF RULES: WATER HAZARD IN GOLF
Water traps are always a challenge for golfers. So how to play with right rules when you are faced with this difficult situation? Just one small tip from me is you should purchase a best golf GPS watch to prevent from the water traps.
Solving problems when the golf ball is in a water hazard.
When a golf ball was lost after a hit toward water hazard, a real arise question here is that whether golf ball lost inside or outside the water hazard. In order to consider the ball losing in the obstructions, there must be some evidences. If there is no sufficient evidence, the golf ball will be considered as losing and it will apply rule no. 27.
If a golf ball is inside or lost in the sand traps (whether the ball is lying in water or not), players are fined 1 golf club.
- Place the golf ball nearest where the previous ball is hit
- Drop the golf ball beside the sand traps, keep the ball at point where the previous ball cross the edge of a water trap, between the golf hole and the ball dropped point. You do not need to pay attention to the distance of the drop place of golf ball compared to the water trap.
- Some options for the players if the last time golf ball pass by the edge of water traps, you place the golf ball outside a water trap within 2 club – length and not near the golf hole.
(I). The points where the previous ball pass by the edge of a water trap
(II). The opposite side of the edge of a water trap with the same distance from the golf hole.
The golf ball may be lifted and cleaned in the process of applying this rule.
(The things are not allowed when the ball is in obstructions – see the rule 13 – 4).
(The golf ball is moving in the water of a water trap – see the rule 14 – 6).
Hit golf ball in a water hazard
a. Rest ball is inside or in other water hazard.
If after making a stroke, the golf ball remains in the water hazard or another water hazard, the players may:
(I) Apply the rule 26 – 1a. If after releasing, the ball falls in the obstacles, the player decides not to hit that ball again, the players can:
– Solving problems in accordance with the rule 26 – 1b or apply rule 26 – 1c, and under penalty of 01 club or
– Be penalty of 01 club and hit the ball at the nearest point compared with the last stroke outside a water hazard (see Rule 20 – 5) or
(Ii) Apply the rule 26 – 1b or 26 – 1c if possible or
(Iii) Be penalty of 01 club and hit the ball at the nearest point compared with the last stroke outside a water hazard (see Rule 20 – 5).
b. Lose the ball or the ball is unplayable or out of bound.
If the golf ball is hit in the water trap and lost, it has been declared unplayable or out of bound. After being penalty of 01 club as rule 27 – 1 or 28a, the players can:
(I) hit the ball at the nearest point compared with the last stroke outside a water hazard (see Rule 20 – 5 or
(Ii) Apply the rule 26 – 1b, or if possible, can apply the rule 26 – 1c and be penalty of 01 club as regulations
My name is Mark Parker and welcome to my world. You can find a lot of experience in golf here as I am a golf lover and my life is just about golf. I often search information and learn from other people who have the same hobbies with me.